Seventy five percent of American homes use synthetic air fresheners that contain numerous amounts of chemical agents that have been linked to cancer (namely formaldehyde). When you see the term ‘fragrance’ remember that it can include up to 300 toxic chemicals but still just say ‘fragrance’! Formaldehyde is the #1 cancer causing chemical and is what you are embalmed with at the morgue. Why are we breathing this in when we don’t have to?! The solution: diffusing essential oils.
What should I put in my diffuser?
Add between 8-12 drops of essential oils to your diffuser (less drops for babies, young children, and strong oils). You can use single oils, or mix 2-3 oils together. Here are some popular diffuser recipes:
- Hammock Time: 4 drops Joy, 2 drops Grapefruit, 2 drops Peppermint
- Montego Bay: 3 drops Citrus Fresh, 3 drops Bergamot, 2 drops Patchouli
- Lake House: 3 drops Pine, 3 drops Peppermint, 2 drops Lavender
- Amusement Park: 4 drops Fun, 2 drops Orange, 2 drops Ylang Ylang
- Hawaiian Breeze: 2 drops Geranium, 2 drops Lavender, 2 drops Bergamot, 2 drops Jade Lemon
- South Beach: 2 drops Lime, 2 drops Tangerine, 2 drops Spearmint, 2 drops Grapefruit
- Rise & Shine: 4 drops Lemon & 4 drops Peppermint
- Sleep Tight: 5 drops Lavender & 3 drops Stress Away
- Sniffle Ease: 3 drops each Lemon, Lavender, & Peppermint
- Mood Lifter: 5 drops Stress Away & 3 drops Frankincense
- Breathe Easy: 5 drops R.C. & 3 drops Lemon
- Immune Booster: 6 drops Thieves & 2 drops Lemon
- Fresh & Clean: 5 drops Purification & 3 drops Lemon
- Oh Happy Day: 6 drops Joy & 2 drops Lime
- Get to Work: 4 drops Peppermint & 4 drops Brain Power
- In the Mood: 4 drops Idaho Blue Spruce & 4 drops Ylang Ylang
- Peace Out: 5 drops Peace and Calming & 3 drops Lavender
- Pumpkin Pie: 4 drops Cinnamon, 2 drops Clove, & 2 drops Nutmeg
- Flower Garden: 4 drops Lavender, 2 drops Jasmine, & 2 drops Geranium
- Man Cave: 4 drops Mister & 4 drops Evergreen Essence
Have fun & experiment with different combos. You can mix & match your oils and the possibilities are endless! Click on the pictures below to enlarge them for a handy printable to keep by your diffuser.