Essential oils have been used to support healthy hair and skin for centuries. Here are some of my favorite recipes.
DIY Beauty Recipes
- 1/8 cup Lavender Mint Conditioner
- 1/2 cup Distilled Water
- 8 oz Spray Bottle
- 5 drops Tea Tree
- 5 drops Lavender
Bring the water to a simmer without boiling. Combine the warm water and conditioner in the bottle, shaking to combine. Add oils, shake to distribute. Apply detangler to hair as needed.
Cocoa Mint Lip Balm
- 1 TBSP Beeswax Pearls
- 1/8 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1 TBSP Unrefined Cocoa Butter
- 1/2 tsp Raw Honey
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 tsp Vitamin E Oil
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Combine coconut oil and cocoa butter in a double boiler and heat on low heat for 20 minutes. Add beeswax and tire well. Once all is melted, remove mixture from heat and add honey, vitamin E, cocoa powder and essential oil, stirring continuously. Once mixed and smooth, fill lip balm tubes. Let cool for 3 hours.
Fall Sugar Scrub
Combine almond oil and sugar in a bowl and mix together until the sugar is the consistency of wet sand. Add essential oils and mix well. Divide sugar scrub into wide-mouth glass jars. Top each jar with almond oil.
LavaDerm Cooling Mist
For Sun-Kissed Skin
Add 20 drops each of Myrrh and Carrot Seed Essential Oils to one obttle of LavaDerm and apply liberally and often throughout the day for a cooling sensation and to help sooth and protect skin.
Nourish Delicate Skin
Try adding Frankincense or Geranium to your favorite oil, lotion, or cream for a custom moisturizer that deeply nourishes, hydrates, and helps to maintain a youthful appearance.
Foaming Hand Soap
- Fill an 9 oz foaming soap pump bottle with 3 tbsp castile soap, 1 tbsp carrier oil, and 10 drops essential oils of choice. Add distilled or filtered water until 1/8″ from the top. Add the dispenser and shake to combine.
- Fill a 2 oz fine misting spray bottle with 1 oz vodka, 1 oz distilled water, and 20 drops of essential oils of choice. Shake well before using. Spray on bedding, clothing, or furniture (spot test for color safety).
- In a 16 oz jar, combine 1.5 cups sugar, 1/2 cup carrier oil, and 20 drops essential oils of choice. Stir to combine and add another 2 tbsp of carrier oil to the top to prevent drying.
- Whip 1 cup coconut oil, 3 tbsp shea butter, and 1 tbsp vitamin E oil in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add 12-15 drops of essential oils of choice and mix on low for 1 minute. Store in a cool, dry location.
- In a 16 oz container, add 2 cups of epsom salt, 4 tbsp baking soda, and 16-18 drops of essential oils of choice. Mix well. Add 1/2 cup to warm bath water.
- In an 8 oz container, add 7 oz castile soap and 15-20 drops of essential oils of choice. Shake well.
Sweet Dreams Cream
- 1 cup Shea Butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Almond Oil
- 8 drops each Lavender, Peace & Calming II, Valor II, & Cedarwood
Melt shea butter & coconut oil. Allow to cool until it’s cooled but still melted. Add almond oil & essential oil and freeze until fairly solid. then, whip the solid mixture with mixer until it reaches butter consistency.
You understand that any information found within our website is for general educational and informational purposes only. You understand that such information is not intended nor otherwise implied to be medical advice. Please read our full disclaimer.